WUWM New Board of Directors
May 23, 2017
Board of Director elections were recently conducted during the World Union of Wholesale Markets (WUWM) annual general meeting held in Rome, Italy from 17-19 May 2017.
Seven Director positions on the WUWM Board were open to election. Those persons successful in being elected to a Director position were:
- Mr Stéphane Layani, Paris, France
- Dr J.S. Yadav, New Delhi, India
- Mr Fabio Massimo Pallottini, CAR, Rome, Italy
- Mr Ioannis (John) Triantafyllis, CMO, Athens, Greece
- Mr Michal Kostelecki, Silesia Wholesale Flower Market, Tychy, Poland
- Mrs Maria González, Mercasa, Madrid, Spain
- Mr Gustavo Alberto França Fonseca, Centrais de Abastecimento de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
These persons now serve mandates through until May 2019, and they join the remainder of the WUWM Board of Directors (mandated until May 2018) which includes:
- Mr Jean-Paul Auguste, Geraud, France
- Mr Laurent Nys, Mabru, Belgium
- Mr Josep Tejedo, Mercabarna, Spain
- Ms Eliane Steinmeyer, Hamburg Market, Germany
Two departing Board members - Mr Andrés de Pando, Mercasa, Madrid, Spain and Mr Mário Maurici de Lima Morais, Brasilia, Brazil – were also acknowledged and thanked for their past work and long-term involvement in the association.
Mr Grzegorz Hempowicz, Poznan, Poland was accorded the status of Honorary Member, in recognition of their outstanding contribution to the WUWM. Also Maria Cavit, former WUWM Secretary General was awarded with the status of Honorary Member to recognise her notable contribution during her more than 20 years of service to the WUWM.
Staggered elections are held for positions on the WUWM Board of Directors in the spring of each year. The WUWM Board, consisting of a Chairman, vice-Chairman and (a maximum of) 11 Directors is responsible for exercising the power of the WUWM membership in the period between annual meetings. WUWM Board members may also be charged with representing particular world regions in the development of, and/or follow-up of, WUWM matters within that region.
In Memory of Marcel Verbelen
January 30, 2018
January WUWM Newsletter Now Available!
January 30, 2018
Mabru Wholesale Market inaugurates the largest installation of photovoltaic panels in Brussels
January 29, 2018
December WUWM Newsletter Now Available!
December 21, 2017
WUWM Seasons Greetings
December 19, 2017